Saturday, March 20, 2010

My short stint as a glassbead maker :)

It's been about a month since my first glass bead-making class at my friend, Derek's workshop. Jean, my other friend, took a few snaps of me whilst I was pretending to be engrossed in my work...

Aren't my safety glasses groovy?

Putting on the design with my stringer

Heating up the bead to let the design sink in

Rolling the bead on the graphite paddle to smoothen the edges

Here's a few of the beads I made during my first 3 lessons-


I'm still new at this, so I've got a long way to go. I was telling my sis that my beads look like I made them with my feet. But I think after a few tries, they turned up pretty okay, hihi.

I'm taking a few practice sessions to work on my bead-making and come up with new designs to incorporate in my charm bracelets.

InsyaAllah I'll upload pics of the new beads I'll be making :)

2 comments:

  1. yep, spek mata anda sangat groovy hehehehe
    fa, susah tak buat glass beads ni? but you managed to do them in wonderful multi colors so let's yay to that ;) teruskan usaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nak buat sebenarnye tak la susah sgt3; like derek says, it needs practice. tp i buat mmg lembab tahap kura2 sebab rase still kekok dgn maintaining a firm grip on the glass rods, as well as keeping the flame at the right temperature. tadi baru balik kelas, rasenye beads hari ni nampak mcm ala2 menggunakan kaki lagi, huahahhahhah

    ReplyDelete